What is a HR consultant, and do you need one?
Running a business is deeply rewarding, sure, but did you know that it can also be hugely stressful? Oh you did? Well that sounds about right. While there are some tasks that you absolutely have to complete on your own, there are other tasks still which you can (and absolutely should) outsource. One of these areas is HR – Human Resources – and it makes perfect sense to outsource this role to someone with the appropriate training and expertise to make short work of your HR issues and tasks.
If you are looking for a HR consultant, Bramwell Partners can assist you in all aspects of onboarding, management, compliance, and maintenance. Call us now for a discussion with our compliance experts on (07) 3630 5695.
What does a HR consultant do?
A HR consultant is someone who steps in when you have a HR issue that needs resolving. HR consultants are helpful when you are starting out and do not have policies and procedures in place because they can draft them for you quickly, accurately, and in a cost-effective way. HR policies and procedures can protect your business from issues with staffing and will be there to rely on as your business grows.
HR Consultants can:
- Aid with interviewing new candidates
- Ensure that your recruitment process is effective and correct
- Put compliance procedures in place
- Work to implement redundancy within your business
- Help with absenteeism and discipline
- Implement long service leave programs
- Mitigate harassment and bullying in the workplace
Workplace health and safety is a huge part of running a business and you need to ensure that you are 100% compliant in all aspects. If you are in any way unsure about your compliance, then working with a HR consultant will alleviate these fears.
Working with a HR consultant helps because:
- You will create a culture of safety in your workplace
- You will ensure that all staff and contractors have clear expectations about their safety responsibilities
- You’ll have a competitive advantage over your competition
- You enjoy increased value in your business when your HR consultant creates documented processes
In short, a HR consultant makes your life easier. A HR consultant gives you back your time. A HR consultant is here for your business whether you’re looking to grow or lock in your processes.
Do you need to outsource?
People outsource all manner of tasks in day to day life; from removalists to help you move house or office through to drivers to deliver food (UberEats, anyone?). From a business perspective you could learn how to manage the HR needs of your office, or you could simply hire someone who already has the skills and leave yourself free to focus on the activities and tasks you’re actually experienced (and good) at. After all, in business, you can find a consultant to help with advertising, marketing, report writing and IT services. The benefits of outsourcing your HR to a HR consultant include:
- You have more time free to focus on your business
- You spend less money on a professional service person than you would figuring out how to DIY
- You add value to the service you’re providing
- You experience less pressure and stress from day to day
- You get the perspective and skill of a professional with industry knowledge
Contact Bramwell Partners Today
Bramwell Partners is a Brisbane HR consultancy firm and we are here to make managing your business and compliance simple. We provide more value to your business and put the systems and processes in place to ensure that you get the business you want, without the hassle you don’t need.